Sunday, May 3, 2015

Update 2015 with Video

I feel like in pictures, Danny's eyes look even. When he's looking around it when the ptosis is noticeable. Ignore the randomness of the video and just watch is eyes (if you are curious, he is trying Rattlesnake at Rustlers Rooste in Phoenix, AZ and says it tastes like chicken nuggets).

At our latest eye appointment his vision was not as clear in the ptosis eye. The doctor suspected it was from his eye getting dried out while sleeping so he had us use Refresh PM ointment in his eye at bedtime. It was a little easier to use with a six-year-old, but he still didn't like it. I mostly would just go into his room when he was already asleep, before I went to bed, and put some in his eye. The doctor rechecked his eyes two months later and his vision was again perfect. I have not been diligent about giving him the ointment every night since because I know that if his eye starts to get dry we can just moisten it again without a problem (He just told me his eye was starting to feel dry so I better start using it again).

Here are some pictures too:




7 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog! I am in the UK and I have struggled to find any information. My son has bilateral ptosis he is 17months and has just had his first surgery. I really had no idea what to expect and you have helped me so much with what to expect. Thank you

Unknown said...

You're blog has kind of given me hope. I'm 15 and I was 7 when I had this surgery done. I am a girl and I find it very noticeable. I struggle with confidence issues because of it. The reason I said that your blog has given me hope is because when you actually have had this surgery done and see yourself in the mirror it can be difficult but knowing that there is someone else who has the same 'problem' as you, it makes you feel better in a weird way.

Thank you so much for making this blog.

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm in the UK and first read your blog some time ago when it was decided my daughter will have surgery for her bilateral ptosis. We've waited a long time for the consultant to decide which operation will be the right one for her, but on Monday (24th August '15) she goes into hospital for her frontalis sling procedure. She is 8. Thank you so much for such a clear, honest and informative blog. There isn't much info around on ptosis but seeing actual photos of Danny as he's progressed has been a huge help to me as a parent. Thank you

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a 27 years old woman from Indonesia, I just found your blog
I have ptosis on my left eye this is given since I was born, I had frontalis sling surgery when I was 12 years old (a bit late right?)
I found very difficult to gain more information especially here in indonesia
I have been experiencing some confidence matter since I was child, just like what doctor told me that I might not be able to close my ptosis eye after surgery , I wouldnt be able to wear any eye cosmetics and this really made me sad
Now I am gaining some information whether there is any way to have another surgery to 'balance " my ptosis eye
I am very grateful that your blog is very informstive and I hope you could still updating Danny's progress (a lot of people out there looking for this kind a information), please pass my regards to him :)

Jess said...

Thank you for this blog! Nice to know there are others going through the same thing. My 2.5 year old daughter just had sling repair for ptosis today! Two hours after surgery, she ripped the bandages off her three incisions and started to pick at her stitches. I'm trying so hard not to let her scratch it, but she manages to do it (plus I can't monitor every two seconds!)... what do I do?

Tiffany said...

@Jess-I wish I had a tip to help you. Danny has scars from picking at his second surgery incisions. They are really small, if that's any consolation to you.

Unknown said...

I feel exactly the same as you